The legacy of fine baking continues, since 1926...
previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

Rendezvous With Ovenly Taste

Sometime in 1926, enterprising Swiss couple Jeanne Sterchi Wenger and HC Wenger began a catering venture called Wenger’s for the British troops operating from Kashmere Gate. The food must have been good, as a portion of A Block in the then-being-built Connaught Place was reserved to house Wenger’s. Wenger’s officially shifted to its present location in the early 1930s, with a confectionery and tea room – Rendezvous (the café), La Mer (the ballroom) and Green Room (the party room) spread over two floors.

Rendezvous With Ovenly Taste

Sometime in 1926, enterprising Swiss couple Jeanne Sterchi Wenger and HC Wenger began a catering venture called Wenger’s for the British troops operating from Kashmere Gate. The food must have been good, as a portion of A Block in the then-being-built Connaught Place was reserved to house Wenger’s. Wenger’s officially shifted to its present location in the early 1930s, with a confectionery and tea room – Rendezvous (the café), La Mer (the ballroom) and Green Room (the party room) spread over two floors.

get in touch

order online

Company

terms of use

Newsletter

© All rights reserved. Powered by Orange.

© All rights reserved. Powered by Orange.

Disclaimer

  • The types of information collected by the website or app.
  • The purpose for collecting the data.
  • Data storage, security and access.
  • Details of data transfers.
  • Affiliated websites or organizations (third parties included)
  • Use of cookies.